Synvisc Classic 3x2ml
Best for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics such as acetaminophen.
Synvisc Classic 3x2ml is injected into the joint that is affected by osteoarthritis. Your doctor or a trained health care professional will give you the injection, usually at a clinic. The dose depends on the location of the arthritis.
However for osteoarthritis of the hip, ankle, or shoulder, the usual dose is a single injection into the affected joint. This dose can also be repeated after 1 to 3 months if the first dose doesn’t provide enough relief.
Not best for anyone who:
- is allergic to hylan G-F 20 or to any of the ingredients of the medication
- is allergic to products from birds, such as feathers, eggs, and poultry
- has a skin disease or infection near the planned injection area
- has an infected or severely swollen joint
- or has fluid that doesn’t flow properly in the veins or lymphatic system of the leg.